View post (Guitar Straps)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
07/14/2019 10:29 pm

I use a traditional Guatamalan woven cotton belt. I simply removed the screws that attach the strap buttons to the guitar. I then used a bic pen to open the weave of the strap enough for the small side of the now loose strap buttons to fit through the hole in the weave. Then I screwed the buttons back to the body of the guitar....done.

This strap will not come off the guitar. The cotton strap breaths so no sweaty spot on your shoulder. It also has great friction so your guitar has less tendency to slip around on your shoulder, making the instrument easier to hold and play. The light weight strap takes up little or no space in the guitar case and I have never had a more comfortable strap. They also come in an infinant colors and patterns.

The down side is if you wish to use the strap on several diffrent guitars it doesn't just unbutton from the guitar. NOT CONVIENT TO THOSE WHO SUFFER FROM G.A.S... but the great part is that my guitar never slips off its buttons, no matter how I might thrash my guitar about. My answer is to this problem is to have a strap for every guitar.

I have used everything from a piece of string to an elaborately tooled leather strap. These cotton straps are the very best I have ever found.

Captcha is a total pain in the........