Your take on Squier Guitar by Fender

madricucho
madricucho
11/26/2012 4:06 pm
Hi everybody ! I am new to this web site and just got news on the Squier by Fender USB Stratocaster Guitar that is sold by Apple Store. I need another guitar just to practice and go through Guitar Tricks on line lessons. Any reasons not to buy this guitar for that purpose ?

I appreciate any comments on this, thanks for the help y'all !

Cucho.
Be kind to all living things
# 1
compart1
compart1
11/26/2012 7:07 pm
It may be awhile before you can find some good demo.. If I read the promo right it can be use on a PC with the newer OS. The promo video was rather lame.. Reviews were good.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HA153LL/A/squier-by-fender-usb-stratocaster-guitar

It would fit my practice situation, but I not on the market for a new guitar.
Good luck on your research..

All the youtube videos that I tried were the same... You may want to ry them for there remarks..
# 2
Carlos15
Carlos15
11/27/2012 3:14 pm
I recently went through the same deli ma. I say buy it and jam away. The Squire doesn't sound as good as an American Strat but what do you expect from a starter guitar. Get good start playing venue's and I'll come see you. Good luck and practice practice practice.
# 3
madricucho
madricucho
11/27/2012 6:51 pm
Originally Posted by: Carlos15I recently went through the same deli ma. I say buy it and jam away. The Squire doesn't sound as good as an American Strat but what do you expect from a starter guitar. Get good start playing venue's and I'll come see you. Good luck and practice practice practice.

Thanks Compart1 & Carlos for your recommendations ... I'll buy it and let you know how it goes !
# 4
madricucho
madricucho
12/25/2012 6:46 pm
Originally Posted by: madricuchoThanks Compart1 & Carlos for your recommendations ... I'll buy it and let you know how it goes !

I finally received my USB Squier by Fender Strat Guitar and I am very happy with it, just minor problems at first having it in tuned but after some adjustment tightening the bridge screws now it remains in tunes after playing it for a long time. :)
# 5
compart1
compart1
12/26/2012 1:06 am
Hi madricucho
Glad to here you got it.. Any computer problem with it.. Can you access GuitarTricks and use the Squier..
# 6
madricucho
madricucho
12/29/2012 12:08 pm
Originally Posted by: compart1Hi madricucho
Glad to here you got it.. Any computer problem with it.. Can you access GuitarTricks and use the Squier..

I haven't had any problems so far. I connected it to my MacBook Pro running Garageband, I turn on the monitor to get the audio guitar to my headphones and start web browser to GuitarTrick web site and voila !.

I have to adjust the settings in the AMP from Garageband to get rid off some static noise from the guitar when I play the strings, was able to use the tuner from Garageband (software chromatic tuner).

So far so good !
# 7
Blackdog1956
Blackdog1956
12/30/2012 5:32 am
I don't know how they are being made now,I'd try and find an older used one in good shape,but I drug one around with me during the Gulf War and had that thing for a long time,I always had a blast.

You got to start somewhere.

The way I found this site was through Claude Johnson and he turned me on to Spear Guitars.

I sold my American Strat to a friend and he said it was the best set up guitar he's ever played out of a box. I saw made in Indonesia and thought I got burned,but this thing is great for $400.00.

I got the GT-1 I believe it's called.

Just don't get the cheap Squires.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.