Theory Books

Slasha
Slasha
04/14/2002 5:13 am
i just wanted to see what you guys personally thought was the best theory book you guys have worked on, since its about time for me to go out and buy another one, i'd like some of your guys' input.

I already have completed all of Stetina's books, and some of the more popular ones too. I am semi-advanced, just looking for like some wacky stuff and wierd cool scales and some nice speed excercises and cool runs. i need to introduce some new ideas into my playing.

So it would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me the book that they preffered

PS: I heard Rock Discipline by John Petrucci is really great

:cool: Slasha
\ /
Keep Pickin'
!!!!!!!!!!!

# 1
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
04/14/2002 6:14 pm
Rock Discipline isn't really about theory, but rather about how to increase your velocity on the instrument. (Just like GAMBALE wrote 'the guitar workout')
I personally use "la partition interieure" ('the inside score'), it's a 1200 pages book and it has everything in it. I paid it around a 100 bucks, but it was the last theory book I have bought (it was 4 years ago, and I'm a music teacher) Everytime I see something that I'm not quite fluent in, I just go and check it out in there...
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.