Oh my god help me

caponi14
caponi14
10/18/2012 8:26 pm
Hello sirs

I want you to tell me why my B string suddently won't stay in tune... I changed my strings, really good strings actually... But now the B string won't stay in tune. I have not changed anything on the guitar setupwise.

Can it be the string that i attached a little wrong maybe?

This is pissing me off. The guitar normally stays totally fine in tune.
# 1
KevinDubay
KevinDubay
10/19/2012 9:56 pm
I've found that it helps when re-stringing, to start (after putting the string through the hole), by taking the FIRST wrap around the post and go OVER the string through the hole. Then, on the second wrap around (and the consecutive times) go under the string through the hole so as to "pinch" the string as it continues to tighten. I've found this helps especially with the plain steel strings. Hope that helps.

If this is still a problem a reliable, local music store should be able to help you with your query.

Good luck!!
# 2
JeffS65
JeffS65
10/21/2012 1:51 pm
Originally Posted by: caponi14Hello sirs

I want you to tell me why my B string suddently won't stay in tune... I changed my strings, really good strings actually... But now the B string won't stay in tune. I have not changed anything on the guitar setupwise.

Can it be the string that i attached a little wrong maybe?

This is pissing me off. The guitar normally stays totally fine in tune.

Take it to a tech. Many reasons this could happen. Back when I had my Les Paul, I had the nut and saddles buffed/deburred. Those little snags can create chaos. Could also be a faulty tuning peg.

Since you've been playing for some time, I'm sure when you put on the new strings, you gave them a good stretching and all of that so I assume the issue is more to do with the guitar's hardware.
# 3
caponi14
caponi14
10/22/2012 9:34 pm
It's just very strange how sudden this problem has come. My last strings stayed totally in tune all the time. And now the B string is bugging.... I might ask a guitartech. If i can find anyone near where i live :S
# 4
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
10/24/2012 6:22 pm
This is an easy fix that may help: take the tip of a pencil and rub some lead off in the groove where the string sits at the headstock (called the nut) The graphite in the pencil helps to lube this groove. Sometimes the string will get a little stuck here when you tune or bend, causing the string to go out of tune.
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.