Using alternate tunning for ear catching diffrence

afo45td
afo45td
10/06/2012 1:42 am
many are aware of Stones music and K Richards who took the open blues tunnings from the original Black Blues masters.If you here other bands attempt to cover STones songs without using these five string sound, the song will not trigger the same emotion, feel or familiar sound, that most every practiced ear ear is capable discerning. In his new book, he talks in great detail about this tuning and how it makes guitar playing very simple in one big way. Across all five strings( he learned to remove the lowest e string) only three notes were left to work with. These three strings, some in octive unisons created many unique harmonics so familure in blues and rock today. Some artist feel it to be a cheap trick and attempt to emulate the Stones and they all fall short unless tuned. This tunning, after many generations, is now burned into the ears of ages 10 to 70. The brain is powerful enough to pull those harmonics from a new song and recognize it as familur and pleasant . Try it. I have and it opens up your thinking and ears. one is open G with no low e string. or with. What are your favorite songs done in open tunnings. You might be surprised at the number of you favorite songs are done in alternates, Lower a half or whole step. As Steve Jobs said, when he realized the common rules of design and life today are created by the common everyday folks that decided to try something new, his wold changed. So did ours
# 1
davidmoncrief904
davidmoncrief904
01/11/2024 11:45 am

Some of my favorite songs done in open tunings include “Brown Sugar,” “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking,” and “Start Me Up” by the Rolling Stones, “Blackbird” by The Beatles, and “Big Love” by Fleetwood Mac. They are so great!

uno online

# 2
nescohnganedl
nescohnganedl
01/23/2024 7:03 am

I would frequently attempt to mimic a lead line by ear, but I would frequently come up short. geometry dash lite

It took me a while to understand the fundamentals of "playing by numbers." After I discovered some of the things that theory said would work, my ear evolved.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.