RP1000 into a Saffire 6 USB?

graysquirrel36
graysquirrel36
09/28/2012 5:55 pm
I'm getting conflicting reports from Roland Customer Service to actual RP1000 users, can anyone help, Please!
I am running SonarX1d Expanded software, just bought the RP, but was told if I run 1/4 line out to in on my Saffire 6 USB, I would lose my stereo effects? I am disabled w/ bad back, and have not tried any configuration yet, afraid I will screw something up!
Here are my thoughts...I have 2 XLR/1/4 combo on front of interface(Saffire6), there are 2 1/4 line outs(L/R) on back of RP, I could run 2 cords from outs of RP to 2 ins of Saffire? Also have 2 XLR outs(L/R) on back of RP, run 2 cords from there to 2 ins on Saffire? Finally, have headphone out on back of RP(1/8), could use adapter 1/8 to 1/4 out of headphone jack into single 1/4 input on Saffire, freeing up an input for mic.,etc.?
Before I was using Guitar Rig Pro 4, Amplitude 3, Fender Ampl. all Amp Sims, so never ran into this problem, just guitar to Saffire, into Sonar, XLR outs of Saffire to JBL monitors.
There is an USB out on RP, but heard latency was a problem, want to keep my Saffire in the picture, because of MIDI I/O for my Akai MPK25, and obviously better interface w/ killer pres. So if I haven't confused everyone.. any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated, I want to upgrade to Sonar X2, but want to make sure all my shh@! is in one pile!
Sorry so long, just don't know any other way to explain, thanks again!!!
HP Pav. dv6 Windows 7x64HomePre.DUOCORE,4gb,GlyphGT050Q,SonarX1dProd.Exp.,Saffire6USB,JBL Mon.,AkaiMPK25,GR4Pro,Ampl.3,FenderLE,EZdrummer,StevenSlate,Cort SJ-10,Epi LP Custom,PRS(Paul Allender),Fender Mustang I,DigitechRP1000,Alesis SR-16
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.