Went to the Kiss and Motley CRUE concert last night!

RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
08/20/2012 7:11 pm
DAYAM. That was a GREAT SHOW. If they come through your area, I strongly encourage you to go see it. Lots of fun.

And right here... This is probably the highlight of my evening. I ran into Patrick Young. The bassist from the band Black-N-Blue. I'm a huge B-n-B fan. Having a bit of a buzz on, I sadly acted like a 16 year old girl meeting Justin Beaber. :D

Not really, not that bad but it was VERY cool to buy him and his wife a couple drinks and get to chat with him. Very cool guy. It was fun getting to talk about bass guitars and gear with him.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 1
adir olf
adir olf
08/21/2012 12:02 am
Cool! You were obviously close to the stage! Does Ace Fraley and the original singer still tour with them? Who is still original in Kiss? I know Gene Simmons is, right?

I too recently saw some "old" time bands...
Loverboy, Pat Benetar and Journey showed up at our local, national, rodeo (its kinda a big deal).
I would have normally never of gone to see these bands, but my friend wanted to go.
I was so impressed by, get this, loverboy, they were a lot of fun! and Pat benetar was so impressive, but particularly her husband guitarist was awesome! I was really shocked. journey of course was good too but we had to leave 1/2 way through that one so can't really offer a fair evaluation. Again, I would of normally never of spent the money to go see these bands, but now glad I did. I actually want to go see loverboy again!
those 80's bands... what can you do???
:D
Adir olf
My new "best group ever": THE YAWPERS
Rocking acoustics really hard
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cbpkAhifOvw
# 2
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
08/21/2012 12:27 am
Well, Gene, Peter, Paul are the original members. Ace Freely, ( the spaceman ) was replaced by Tommy Thayer. Who, used to be in the band Black-n-Blue.

In the past, other guitarists who had taken Ace's spot wore different costumes than ace and had their own identity. However, I guess they wanted Tommy to take on the identity of the spaceman. So, he wears Ace's old costume. Or a new one made for him.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/21/2012 5:17 am
Looks like lots of fun! Good for you. :)
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4
Schmidtrock
Schmidtrock
11/25/2012 2:28 am
Peter and Ace haven't been with KISS for a very long time now. The current drummer is Eric Singer. Paul and Gene bought out Ace and Peter's rights to the makeup so KISS could continue with the 'original' look. Tommy is a very talented guitarist, every bit as good or better than Ace in my opinion. I've loved all iterations of KISS, but the current one really seems to gel well.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today ~James Dean
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.