View post (The music store experience)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
04/09/2002 10:53 am
lol... I just try out all the guitars that are MILES out of my price range... I mean, I come in looking all serious, and thought full, get the guy there to take it out of the case, he'll play a little tune... he'll talk to me, and I'll keep taking thoughful pauses... by this point he's thinking "WE'VE GOT A BUYER!!!WAHOOO."... and he hands it to me, I play it for a while... making sure to make it look like I'm checking the action, the back of the guitar, the nut, the machine heads... so he's happy to let me carry on :)...

I dont really bother impressing a bunch of strangers... I mean what's the point? Saying that though, the fact I can play both righty and lefty guitars seems to impress them, and playing a right handed guitar left handedly (so that the first string is E, the second A, the third D etc etc)just gets you the odd look, like "WTF?!!!"...

Tapping never seems to impress anyone, I dont know why.. they all see it as some kinda phase every guitarist goes through, something very teenage, and eventually we all rise above it...