View post (Do we need pain to be creative?)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
04/11/2002 5:38 pm
Thanx.
I'm cool.Life goes on,you know.
And all those faces and names you see in orbituaries and all that,they're someone's someone.It's the way life is.
I think I've said this before somewhere on this forum,but can't remember where.Anyway,talking about happiness,IMO,requires that the person you're telling is willing to hear you,will be glad that you're happy,basically a friend.And things will be ok for them too,otherwise talking about your new girlfriend to a guy who just broke up with theirs won't jell.But when you're hurt or angry,whatever,your mind set chsnges.If somebody wronged/hurt/robbed you(and I'm not talking about thieves),you want them to know what they did.And you don't care whether they like it or not.You're not asking if they like it,you're giving it to them,whatever they want notwithstanding.You don't hold back.And when you don't hold back,that's when what's in you really comes out.I think that's why those really deep songs are often good.And think about it,how deep can happy get?Parents don't jump up and down when their kids get married;they cry!I think it's the way we're made.
*shrug*