Hello From Southeast Louisiana

Smurfe
Smurfe
06/29/2012 7:34 pm
Hi, my name is Steve. I live in Louisiana just outside Baton Rouge toward New Orleans. I cam here to re-learn to play guitar. I played in high school back in the 70's and was a band/music geek. After getting married the first time I never had time to play anymore. The guitars got put in the closet and never touched again.

I moved to Louisiana from Illinois about 14 years ago. I wanted to get back into playing and about 5 years ago bought an acoustic and then an electric and amp when the local Brook Mays music store closed and they had some killer deals on clearance. I played around on them with not much enthusiasm. Then they again got put in the closet and rarely touched.

So here I am again with a renewed interest in playing. I drug the guitars back out and have been practicing almost daily for a couple months. I have noticed marked improvement and I am finally starting to gain a bit of dexterity back in my fingers. I still have a LONG way to go though. I have also came to a spot where I noted I wasn't really advancing any hence my decision to come here for lessons. I have a nice guitar shop around the corner from the house with pretty good instructors but I work rotating shift work as a paramedic so it is almost impossible to schedule regular lessons as I rotate day and night shift.

Hope I can take my playing to the level I desire. I have no desire to be a pro but would love to be able to participate in many of the open night jams we have in the area. I look forward to meeting new folks on here and learning and hopefully someday soon be able to share with others what I have learned.
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
06/29/2012 11:06 pm
Hi Steve,

You sound focused, with a good, realistic plan. (just what I look for in a paramedic too, BTW)

" daily for a couple months." is great, you'll get where you want to go. I'm glad we're here to help, I think you'll find just what you need to get to the next level.

Getting to do you first jam session will be really cool, you'll have to let us know about that one for sure!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/02/2012 6:10 am
Hey Steve

Welcome to Guitar Tricks!

Keep us posted on your journey along the way, and enjoy the lessons.

:D
Douglas Showalter
# 3
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
07/02/2012 8:17 am
Hey Steve,
Welcome to Guitartricks, we're glad you're here!

Let us know how it goes, and if we can be of help to you.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.