guitar set-up

Sgt Tee
Sgt Tee
06/02/2012 9:29 pm
What are the sizes you need for truss rod adjustment and bridge screw height. I have them but I cant read what sizes they are. I want to buy allens with a nice handle on them. I was Goggling every where but I did not come up with the size of the 2 allens needed for Customshop Stratocaster. The one for the bridge I think its .050 but the neck one I am not sure of the size. I also have a 1980 Gibson Deluxe and I want to change the stop bar bolts with True Tones, The Nickel and Chrome look alike to me, Would someone know if they are chrome or nickel. If nickel was not an option I would say they are chrome, Thanks ahead of time, Pete
For What It's Worth
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
06/25/2012 5:04 pm
I would assume your strat has a headstock adjustment for the truss rod and not a vintage adjustment at the heel... 1/8" should do the trick.

Saddle screws are .05" like you guessed as well. Take care with those as they strip out very easily... it's wise to detune the strings to take the tension off to prevent from stripping them out. I stripped out a set on one of my strats and i flipped them upside down and tapped a slot on the end of each one so i can adjust them with a small standard screw drive...

As for the hardware for your Gibson - Chrome is nickle... it's just plated and polished... Some places might call it just "nickle" and some places will call it "chrome" that's probably where you're getting the two confused. the only time that there might be a difference is when you can choose "brushed nickle"... which is a flat/non-shiny finish.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.