View post (When My Guitar Is Crying)

View thread

wolbai
wolbai
05/07/2012 5:25 pm
Originally Posted by: waylarGreat work wolbai,
Good thing I'm not drunk or I'd be crying, lol. All kidding aside, nice melodic rhythm and good clean lead. All with alot of emotion
If only one thing I was hoping for was a climax part of the solo where the hair stands on your arms when hearing it.
But what do I know, it was really good. Thanks!

Waylar,

your reply means a lot to me - thank you for that from the deep of my heart!

It encourages me to proceed on my music & guitar journey in the age of 51.
Looking back it seems to be a long and winding road with long breaks and restarting just a few years ago ...

The specific Lead playing I think covers indeed all my emotions and this is because I refused to think a lot when playing over my looped phrases (that is how I am normally used to play). So it some how just spouted out of me (and so some hiccups too). And this is the most challenging thing for me at the moment when it comes to soloing: giving up control and fall into a chord progression and let the emotions guide me (sounds a little bit like I am high).

I think that more intuitiv playing into a specific motion can have some drawbacks as well. Meaning that the tunes may not follow always a "normal" structure of a songs. So that is my idea why there is no climax / melting point in my tunes in that track (discovered that as you wrote it). Therefore I wouldn't say that my recording is a song in its classical way. But it covers some magic moments I am looking for when playing music. Thank you that you like it.

All the best, wolbai.