View post (When My Guitar Is Crying)

View thread

wolbai
wolbai
05/02/2012 9:14 pm
Originally Posted by: larsm2011That sounds really good. can you tell me more about how you recorded this, is there more instruments than just guitar if not what kind off effects are you using?

Thanks
Lars

Thanks for your reply and that it sounds good to you.

That's my guitar rig:

- Line6 DT50/212
- Line6 POD HD 500
- Line6 James Tyler Variax 59 + 69

All parts are played as Overdubs with my Guitar and the Looper function of the POD HD500. What you hear I will play (at least that's is actually my idea) later in a Live performance, meaning that I play all guitar parts sequentially as Overdubs in real time. Once the background Overdubs are looped I do my improvisation.

The effects I used are mainly from the POD HD500. Per Overdub I have built up a separate signal chain of effects and store that as a separate preset which I can activate with my footpedal. For some lead parts I increased the Drive parameter of the amp model and the drive paramter of the Tube Screamer (one effect of the POD HD500).

The recording itself was done with Cubase. Therefore I linked the HD500 with XLR-cables to an TASCAM audiointerface. For Live performnace I use my DT50/212 for tube driven amplification.

For the final mixing I have used some Compressor Effects in Cubase and placed the different tracks in a stereo panorama to get a roomy atmosphere.

Hope that answers your questions.

All the best, wolbai