Blues or country ??

robbrooks101
robbrooks101
04/14/2012 7:51 am
Odd question I know, but has anyone done both and if so which was more enjoyable ??
# 1
3donkey
3donkey
04/14/2012 8:08 am
Hi Robb,

I haven't done the country yet, but I am now starting the Blues level 2, and it's really fun. I heard that the blues level 2 wil improve a lot the guitar playing.. and actually I also would like to hear something about from people who did complete all foundamentals blues 2: how your guitar playing changed?
# 2
robbrooks101
robbrooks101
04/14/2012 8:20 am
I am thinking at the moment that my preference would be for the blues and not country.
Thanks
# 3
Jahan Honma
Jahan Honma
04/18/2012 9:05 am
It's a tough one but I think I like fast country songs kind of a lot. Especially love fast country guitar solos. Slow country songs on the other hand don't do it for me in the least. Hahaha.
Listen to FREE MUSIC from The Legendary Zoltan RIGHT HERE

FaceBook | Twitter | Website | YouTube
# 4
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
04/19/2012 12:28 am
I'm doing both right now. I do country lessons in the early morning and blues in the early afternoon and split other stuff (scales, chord changes, finger flexibility, songs) between the two sessions.

I figured I had the time so I started both blues and country lessons around New Years. I wanted to do both...together they are pretty much native to America and together they are the seeds of rock and roll. The techniques from the two lesson tracks will transfer to other genres I have no doubt.

I'm getting a kick out of each and really like both Lisa and Anders. Their lessons are taking me where I never got to when I was a kid and it's frakin' fantastic!

So excuse my rambling non-answer...this GT site and its lessons are a whole lotta fun! And I can't answer the OP question about which is more enjoyable. :D
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 5
G1619T
Full Access
G1619T
Full Access
04/19/2012 7:59 pm
Anyone trying the Country Blues thing? You can take ZZ Top, SRV, Los Lonely Boys, some of the new country artists, anyone from these genre's (there's that word again) and find a little of both; add some rock and a little Jazz here and there and you've got your self another... word thingy. I know it's been done. I've studied it for the last ten years concentrating on the blues/rock/country aspect without really realizing it. The Jazz area was a new find for me when I was working some stuff out. I found some Reggae and Classical (old world type), in some songs. No, it's not World Music, what ever that's supposed to mean. But, this was interesting to put together.
Regards.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.