View post (I remember when)

View thread

hunter1801
hunter1801
04/15/2012 7:09 pm
Well this thread sure took off quick. Couple things to say (I use the term "vs" very loosely. Not necessarily a fight between both sides):

1) Slipin vs Rick: It just comes down to the whole "customer service" side of things. If someone comes to the forums, even with a clearly negative outlook on things, you still go into customer service mode and treat them with respect. Even if someone were to personally attack me on the forums, I would reply back with a polite response or not reply back at all. Not worth it to go down to their level and continue the unnecessary negativity.

2) nigelcoughlin vs the current website: Not really sure what the point of your argument is anymore. Seems like you made the thread just to complain. It's fine to express your opinions. I for one completely understand that not everyone can afford to spend even $5 extra a month. If you are tight on money, that's just life and I can understand that. Wouldn't even question you on it. I do NOT however, understand your attitude of expecting it to be free. Do you go and complain to every other business when they have something you can't afford? Go write a letter to every movie theater for their ticket/food prices. Call up your internet provider and tell them that you can't afford internet, so you demand it to be free for you since you are on disability and can't afford it. Look around you right now and look at all the things that are by you. For everything that isn't a necessity to live, write that company a letter and complain that you can't afford it.

You can't even begin to mentally grasp the amount of free knowledge there is on the internet related to guitar. It's not like this site has brand new secret information that doesn't exist on the internet anywhere else. Google is your friend. Enjoy the millions of free online guitar lessons/tips out there. This site has a lot of great features, real instructors and lessons. They price their services at a relatively affordable rate for the amount of stuff you get. If you can't afford it, don't pay it. Simple as that. I don't see the need for arguing whatever it is that you are arguing about.

3) nigelcoughlin on the "original site"
The original site, Guitartricks.com was by people wanting too share free lessons on different guitar tricks and guitar riffs. I know, I contributed. I posted Guitar riffs and licks.

Ok.......so? Is there a ban on this type of sharing of guitar tricks and riffs that I am not aware of? What's stopping you from sharing this still? What's stopping you from making a thread asking people for ideas? Instead of making THIS thread, you could have made a thread asking for help on something or sharing something. The forums are what you make of them. Nobody is stopping you from sharing or asking for information.

4) nigelcoughlin vs respect vs being polite:
Respect is something that is earned through your peers and loved ones. I don't expect Respect on a Message board from someone who doesn't not even know the meaning of respect nor the concept.

Note that respecting someone and being polite to someone are completely different things. You don't have to respect someone to be polite. You chose to name-call and be generally impolite in some of your posts. That was YOUR choice and the decision is completely irrelevant to who started what, or what was said previously.

There isn't a single thing you can say to me that will make me start calling you names. That's MY choice. I show respect to everyone and choose to be polite even if I do not get it in return. Who I actually respect is a whole different thing. Don't blame others and start justifying your choice in attitude based on someone elses attitude. Like I said, it's all your choice.

5) nigelcoughlin vs grammar: Here is a 100% free lesson.

"To" and "Too"
-To is a versatile preposition. A few of its many definitions are (1) toward, (2) reaching as far as, and (3) until.
-Too is an adverb meaning (1) additionally, (2) excessively, (3) very, or (4) extremely.

6)
Like Rick mentioned, you aren't the only one that has brought this up. I think the thread he was talking about was this one:
http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35421
Give it a read