The meaning of YOUR life

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
04/02/2002 8:59 pm
Hi ppl!

I was wondering what you personally consider as the meaning of yer (musicians?) life. Or not to get to general... why do you make music? what is your aim? what are your plans with music? fun? fame?

i expect many replies folks!

-=[Azrael]=-

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 1
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
04/02/2002 9:12 pm
curiousity

a possible chance at not having to go to work everyday, and playing guitar as your profession

more curiousity
# 2
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
04/02/2002 9:36 pm
fun.. an alternative route for creative outlet, instead of painting.. and some funky ideas...
mostly fun though
# 3
Blaksmith
Blaksmith
04/03/2002 12:11 am
It keeps me off the streets and it is there to be made.

:D

# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/03/2002 1:44 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
...Then my parents gave it, my saxophone and my Trombone to charity when they decided they needed to be better catholics. :(
What is it about religion that makes people think they're entitled to make decisions for everyone else? :eek:

About music... nothing profound here; its in me; its gotta come out. Be it pluggin' in an' wailin' after everyone else has left where I work, or tapping my foot to music only I can hear (cuz its in my head). I've been doing something at least sorta musical for as long as I can remember(that's a long time), and I'll probably continue for as long as I can get some kind of pleasing sound out of whatever comes to hand.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
04/03/2002 10:19 am
Originally posted by Lordathestrings

... tapping my foot to music only I can hear (cuz its in my head).

You can hear the Voices??? i thought they where only talking to me! damn... :D

The reason why i am making music is not money. It is rather.. fame. But not the big-deal fame where thousands of women faint at yer concert.

I´m talking about the "normal" sort of fame. I´m playing metal with my band, and as you might know, metal (or at least what i take as metal) is not good for becoming famous and rich. My goal is to play along with some other well known Metal bands at the same level oll across the planet (maiden, dream theater, blind guardian, helloween, etc) - they are not too famous, but most metal musicians know them. Creating a band like that an having audiences between 500 and 10.000 peeps would be great.

Beeing mentioned in some fanzines from time to time, relesing a new album every 2 years...

i cant imagine anything greater than beeing on stage with 3.000 peeps in the audience singing along with my songs.

Thats why i picked up the guitar, and i wont put it down untill i reached that goal.

-=[Azrael]=-

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 6
James8831
James8831
04/03/2002 11:56 am
'One night I was laying down,
and I heard Momma and Poppa talking,
I heard poppa tell momma:
"Let that boy boogie woogie,
it's in him
and it's got to come out".
Well I felt so good........'
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 7
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/03/2002 1:44 pm
Originally posted by James8831
'One night I was laying down,
and I heard Momma and Poppa talking,
I heard poppa tell momma:
"Let that boy boogie woogie,
it's in him
and it's got to come out".
Well I felt so good........'
A big AMEN!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 8
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
04/03/2002 4:51 pm
What if they`ll rather like to read Shakespeare? *LOL*

# 9
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/03/2002 5:15 pm
I love music that's the bottom line. Making it big is serious hard work, you can't just sit around all day. I use My guitars for stress management. I could sit down for five minutes after a bad day and while I am strummin and a pickin the world seems to go away. After I feel a lot better.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
# 10

04/03/2002 5:17 pm

Throught high school it was a way of not letting things get to me. I was teased a lot and didn't have a lot of friends so I needed something to help me in rough times.

The guitar was great, it helped me gain self esteem. And Let me focus on something good (music) instead of what was going in my life.

Now I do it for fun. I enjoy playing even it's only 15 minutes a day. I have enough skill to be able to create and jam by myself.

All those years of practice paid off in the end :)
# 11
James8831
James8831
04/03/2002 5:37 pm
Originally posted by Azrael
What if they`ll rather like to read Shakespeare? *LOL*

Ponyone-- If you have kids FORCE Shakespeare down their neck - get a cheap Kramer or Squier, put it in a place where they can get to it and say "Dont you ever touch that- that's Daddy's SPECIAL guitar".

:D

BTW it was usually ..I heard Momma and Steppoppa talking and they said "DO you know what TIME it is young man!!."

to be accurate..takes the romance out of it tho.....

Boogie on Chillun :)
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 12
Gulder
Gulder
04/03/2002 6:36 pm
Originally posted by PonyOne
I swear to go my kids are going to be virtuosos on four different instruments by the time they're five... [/B]

I think it's important 'though not to make the same mistake as your parents !
# 13
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
04/03/2002 10:01 pm
heheh... *grin*, I remember asking if i could buy a guitar... initaily my dad was dead against the idea, and was having anything other wise...
I thought, ok... I'll just keep pestering him, and asking, and asking, and asking... till maybe a few days, when he gives in...
oh how wrong i was... I asked in early october 99, I was finally alowed to buy a guitar in july 00(:mad:!!!)... that' was really depressing though... cos if he said i could buy one in the summer... i would have just shut up about it, and had something to look forward to... oh well... I have my guitar now, and it's gret fun to play :)
# 14
Joseph
Joseph
04/04/2002 2:11 am

If fame and fortune come, then so be it... As a music, music teacher, I just want to continuously grow as a human being, without setting limitations for myself. As musicians, a lot of us set these deadlines for ourselves, but think that sometimes we confuse the idea of a musicoian with that of a rockstar. Because there is a big difference between the two..And once we figure that out, then we can decide if we're doing things for all of the right reasons.

Happiness is merely a form of stagnation, but perhaps someone will beat the odds. However, everyone has their own definitions of hasppiness, and some people believe that it never really exists, it just a fantasy... However, it's an inexplainable feeling, feel that once we stop analyzing every aspect our lives, then that where we'll reach our highest level of fullfillment. But this is something that we can reach on own, not only with the help of others. It's simply understanding who you are, and all that you're capable of.

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 15
kingdavid
kingdavid
04/09/2002 9:28 am
It's already been said,but can always bear repeating:
Pony,if you make your kids into virtuosos by whatever age,you'll be no better than your dad;your dad taught English,wanted you to read shakespeare.you play guitar,want to kids to follow suit.You might even be worse,coz you already know how it feels to be made to do something you don't want,or to be made not to do something you want(for those who aren't terribly bright,that is not some bright play with words,it's the two sides of the coin;)).Maybe your dad didn't know how you felt(something you might want to ponder),but you do.Don't do it.
About why I play:for anything and everything I might get out of it;therapy,enjoyment,money,fame,whatever.
Music has a lot to offer.Take what you need from it.

# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.