Mood Swings: Disrupting Practices

afperos
afperos
03/30/2012 10:12 pm
For many years, I have been able to reach a level of very high concentration when it comes to practice sessions. Sooner or later however, you'll reach a wall, where you cannot get beyond nor stay at the level of intensity you once had. I've done many searches on the internet regarding the psychological manifestations that affect players when it comes to reaching further into our ability to practice alot and learn new things.

Many professional players suggest the simple matter of just taking a break from practice, that is slow down a little (not totally stop) until you reach a level of intensity that will enable you to become faster, more technical in your approach to playing again, and improve as a player as you had once or several times before. Our minds tell us practice, practice, practice, but our bodies say no, no, no.

I'm interested in hearing from the guitartricks populace, if there is input available on this subject matter. I am really interested to hear what others have to say about this.
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.