Famous artists that are not virtuosic

Jahan Honma
Jahan Honma
03/28/2012 11:34 pm
Do you like any bands like that? I used to be HARDCORE-SHREDDING-RHAPSODY-DRAGONFORCE-RULEZ guy. I still like that kind of music, but it seems that no matter how much music I hear, the artists I always go back to are the most melodic ones and often those bands are not playing anything difficult.

My favorite metal band is Amon Amarth but all they're songs are REALLY easy to play.

How about you guys?
Listen to FREE MUSIC from The Legendary Zoltan RIGHT HERE

FaceBook | Twitter | Website | YouTube
# 1
hunter1801
hunter1801
03/29/2012 12:16 am
lol Dragonforce. I remember when I got into them. I still like the albums I have.

Megadeth is the #1 band in the world. No arguments, no different opinions, it's a scientifically proven fact that nobody can every argue against. :cool:
# 2
gypsyblues73
Full Access
gypsyblues73
Full Access
03/31/2012 8:47 am
For some reason, Jack White instantly sprang to mind LOL I like the guy and his songs, and think he's intensely creative and driven, but a virtuoso he definitely is not. Steve Cropper is another one, but he's kinda not into the virtuoso thing by choice, he just likes to hang back and stay in the groove. So does Tom Petty's guitarist. Jimmy Vaughan, Stevie Ray's brother, is the more subtle, low-key guitarist in the family :) Motley Crue's Mick Mars is also very simplistic. Angus Young from AC/DC and Billy Duffy from The Cult are two guitarists that are very good at what they do and I can listen to them play all day long, but I wouldn't call them virtuosos.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.