Thoughts on Gibson Studio Alpine White ?

Hotkiwi
Hotkiwi
03/04/2012 6:55 am
There is an offer of an USA-imported showroom guitar here, color white, not my thing really but the price is only 1800 NZ$, about 1500 US $.
The color is as I said white with gold hardware. I have read that the gold does sometimes come off ? For 2000 NZ $ I can buy a one year old, rarely used standard Gibson Studio.
What would be the better deal ?

----------------------------------------[br]Gear:[br]Gibson 2012 Les Paul Studio Swamp Ash[br]Ovation 2012 Celebrity CC 44-1 Acoustic[br]Yamaha 2012 C-40 Nylon String[br]Fretlight Strat F620

Fender Blues Junior 4 tube amp[br]Roland Cube practice amp[br]Line 6 Pocket Pod[br]Boss and Ibanez pedals[br]Dunlop Wah Wah

GP 7.5 software[br]----------------------------------------

# 1
fairway8
fairway8
03/04/2012 5:52 pm
Hi HotKiwi
I have the exact white Gibson Studio you are describing with the gold fittings. Mine is secondhand owned and signed by Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols no less. The date of the signature is '96 have not checked the serial number to actually date the guitar however.
All the gold fittings are in mint condition with no speckling or blistering so from my experience there is no problem.
The gold hardware really does give it an upmarket look.
I have never understood why Gibson LP studios are so much cheaper than their phenomenally more expensive LP Standards and customs, personally give me my LP over a white custom and I'll keep the 1000 pounds saved in my bank lol. After all it is still a genuine All American Gibson and it don't come much better than that.

Phil
# 2
Hotkiwi
Hotkiwi
03/05/2012 12:59 am
Thanks Phil. I agree. The Studio Line is good (enough for me), and not so heavy.

Having said that, I walked into the guitar shop and after some playing fell in love with the LP Studio Swamp Ash. I good a really good deal and it plays a treat, altopugh I need to have the setup done and a new nut, as the plastic one is horrible.

----------------------------------------[br]Gear:[br]Gibson 2012 Les Paul Studio Swamp Ash[br]Ovation 2012 Celebrity CC 44-1 Acoustic[br]Yamaha 2012 C-40 Nylon String[br]Fretlight Strat F620

Fender Blues Junior 4 tube amp[br]Roland Cube practice amp[br]Line 6 Pocket Pod[br]Boss and Ibanez pedals[br]Dunlop Wah Wah

GP 7.5 software[br]----------------------------------------

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.