dead-end

jesse sutton
jesse sutton
03/29/2002 5:49 pm
Okay I have a problem

Well for starters, I have been playing for about 5 months now and I have explored countless varieties of playing and composing. Such as: Classical, metal, acoustic rock, speed guitar, jazz, and obviously blues. I have folders and folders worth of completed songs, but now I am at a block
because I can't seem to come up with anything new. It just seems that whenever I pick up the guitar I tend to just keep playing the same things I already know without having any sort of creativity.

What I would like to know is maybe some different scales or progressions to change to and practice on, (any that come to mind). I use a variety of techniques so playing the scales won't be too tough, (apeggios, Legatos, Sweeping, etc...)

If you can think of different ways to play or different scales to play then send them, because i can't seem to get the brain going.

Thanks to everyone in advance

And thanks to whoever invented this site in general because it totally rocks

Jesse Sutton

03/29/2002 8:59 pm
One question: you've only been playing for 5 months and already you're doing sweeps and memorizing scales, writing songs, studying different styles?
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.