First Time Onstage


shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
02/18/2012 2:39 am
If you've got it, post a video of your first time onstage here!

I'll go first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owN9CtvbrhA&list=UUQ78ithTL02ZDnC75xkIPRQ&index=1&feature=plcp

I'm the girl on the left :D, also check out the bands facebook page here

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jinxd/211975472169946?sk=app_2405167945
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Joined: 09/28/05
Posts: 3,493
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Joined: 09/28/05
Posts: 3,493
02/24/2012 8:29 pm
Hi shaniab,

Nice Post! Thanks for sharing :)

-GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
trickyvic3
Registered User
Joined: 02/19/12
Posts: 20
trickyvic3
Registered User
Joined: 02/19/12
Posts: 20
02/24/2012 10:00 pm
Hey that was great!!! Is that a Fender your playing?
Gee I guess I gotta get with the program lol.

Great playing !!
Vic
# 3
shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
02/25/2012 9:53 pm
Originally Posted by: trickyvic3Hey that was great!!! Is that a Fender your playing?
Gee I guess I gotta get with the program lol.

Great playing !!
Vic



Thanks man!!! It is a Fender, but it isn't mine. The lead singer for this song let me use his since it was already hooked up. Beautiful guitar though! it felt awesome and played great!
# 4
Slipin Lizard
Registered User
Joined: 11/15/07
Posts: 711
Slipin Lizard
Registered User
Joined: 11/15/07
Posts: 711
02/29/2012 1:48 am
You did awesome! Next time take center stage and put one foot up on the floor monitor, pretending to mow the audience down with your "machine gun"... :eek: ha ha! Just kidding! Great job!
# 5
Razbo
Full Access
Joined: 03/02/09
Posts: 1,562
Razbo
Full Access
Joined: 03/02/09
Posts: 1,562
02/29/2012 11:30 am
That was great! Smooth reaction to the 'strapcident' :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 6
shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
02/29/2012 9:53 pm
Originally Posted by: RazboThat was great! Smooth reaction to the 'strapcident' :)


Haha thanks man!! Figures though. First time on stage and my strap falls off XD.
I'm just glad I didn't let it drop on the floor and break the neck or something. it was the lead singers guitar XD!!!

"The Show Must Go On!!!!!!" hehehehe :D
# 7
48reggae
Registered User
Joined: 02/17/12
Posts: 1
48reggae
Registered User
Joined: 02/17/12
Posts: 1
03/02/2012 2:58 pm
I just watch the video, it was awesome.
# 8
shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
03/10/2012 12:06 am
Originally Posted by: 48reggaeI just watch the video, it was awesome.


Thanks man!! Glad you liked it!!!
# 9
David Bereuther
Registered User
Joined: 03/23/12
Posts: 33
David Bereuther
Registered User
Joined: 03/23/12
Posts: 33
04/03/2012 8:18 pm
for the first time it was very very good!

Keep on rocking! :)
# 10
shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
04/07/2012 11:43 pm
Originally Posted by: David Bereutherfor the first time it was very very good!

Keep on rocking! :)



Thanks David! I'm actually discussing hoping up onstage with them again, although this time, I could be playing more songs and helping them open for.....wait for it....SKID ROW!!!!! I am sooo stoked! Not bad for a third gig huh? :D
# 11
David Bereuther
Registered User
Joined: 03/23/12
Posts: 33
David Bereuther
Registered User
Joined: 03/23/12
Posts: 33
04/15/2012 12:34 pm
Originally Posted by: shaniabThanks David! I'm actually discussing hoping up onstage with them again, although this time, I could be playing more songs and helping them open for.....wait for it....SKID ROW!!!!! I am sooo stoked! Not bad for a third gig huh? :D


it's awesome! keep going on it!

also by the way, recording yourself playing (video not only audio) is always a GREAT opportunity in many ways, such as

1:
you can show it to your fans (or future fans :P)

2:
you can look back at it when you're older and more experienced and feel great about it

3:
you can improve your performance drasticly just by analysing what you do and HOW you do it on stage. what mistakes are you making? what looks cool and what looks not so cool? what do you want to work on?

That's by the way how many professional bands do it!
# 12
shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
shaniab
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/10
Posts: 52
04/16/2012 7:23 pm
Originally Posted by: David Bereutherit's awesome! keep going on it!

also by the way, recording yourself playing (video not only audio) is always a GREAT opportunity in many ways, such as

1:
you can show it to your fans (or future fans :P)

2:
you can look back at it when you're older and more experienced and feel great about it

3:
you can improve your performance drasticly just by analysing what you do and HOW you do it on stage. what mistakes are you making? what looks cool and what looks not so cool? what do you want to work on?

That's by the way how many professional bands do it!


Awesome! Thanks for the info! OH I almost forgot...unfortunatly the skid row thing fell through because of security reasons (I'm a minor and it's a bar lol) BUT! 3 days later already managed to bag a FULL (And gauranteed lol :D) gig set with another local band called JunkHead. Killer band by the way, there lead singer I swear sounds exactly like Sully Erna from Godsmack. He even has sully's signature growl and everything! MAJOR WIN!!
# 13
David Bereuther
Registered User
Joined: 03/23/12
Posts: 33
David Bereuther
Registered User
Joined: 03/23/12
Posts: 33
04/17/2012 12:57 pm
Originally Posted by: shaniabAwesome! Thanks for the info! OH I almost forgot...unfortunatly the skid row thing fell through because of security reasons (I'm a minor and it's a bar lol) BUT! 3 days later already managed to bag a FULL (And gauranteed lol :D) gig set with another local band called JunkHead. Killer band by the way, there lead singer I swear sounds exactly like Sully Erna from Godsmack. He even has sully's signature growl and everything! MAJOR WIN!!


great stuff! :)
# 14

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.