View post ('Faded' Gibson SG's)

View thread

03/31/2002 2:01 pm

I have a gibson SG which I strongly recommend. They are great guitars. But quite frangile. Mine as the neck broken and I know a couple other people that happen their guitar as well.

I far as playing it, I got that guitar real early and had to learn with it. It's easy to play, I never found another guitar that had that feeling on the fretboard. I guess you should try one if you have a dealer nearby. Bought mine used for close to nothing but the deal in this post seems real good.

I also have a Yamaha RGX 420S. Those are really good, not too expensive guitars. Got mine for 700$ CND (something like 400$ US I guess). Narrow fretboard, good for playing. Easy to bend strings, even thought they get high off the fretboard around the 15th string. Got a nice Floyd Rose Tremolo if you'r into that. You can have a descent range of sound since it's a 5-way switch.

As far as amp goes I have a small 15-watt-room-amp :)

It's a Roland DAC-15XD with build in effects. There's a Delay, Chorus and a flanger. I started with that amp because I didn't want to buy a multi-effect pad (those things cost an arm and leg). I just bought a used distortion pedal by BOSS and I had a descent equipment for not too much money. I don't know If they make that amp anymore but It was really cool to play around with effects.

Anyway that's it, hope this can help.