New Here

hman2
hman2
01/20/2012 3:55 am
Hi, I'm new here.

31 years ago, when I was 13, I received a Guild Madiera Dreadnought for my birthday. I took a few lessons, but gave up after a short time. In my mind at the time, anyone who could play guitar was superhuman. I did not feel like I was a member of the same species as my heroes back then: Steve Howe, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Pete Townshend, Richie Blackmore, etc.

As I got into my 20's, I became more interested in the likes of Frank Zappa, Roy Buchanan, Mick Ronson, Mick Taylor and Neil Young. They were still Gods to me and that Guild remained under the bed as the bed changed locations. I was still as intimidated as ever!

As I reached my late 20's and early 30's, I became a fan of players like: Ira Kaplan, Dean Wareham/Sean Eden, Joey Santiago and I ralized that they were all my age and had grown up on the same stuff as me. They were players, not Gods! The Guild was calling me.

After the birth of my 2nd Daughter in 2004, I decided to take the Guild out from under the bed and really take a stab at learning how to make it work for me.

The Guild is long gone. I primarily play a Chinese knock off of an 00 sized acoustic and I have a 1999 American Strat among a few Danelectros.

I have been on an amazing journey these last 7 years. I have avoided learning anyone else's songs as I try to find my own voice. The guitar has become my personal sanctuary.

I bought a looper pedal and a synthesizer and I am learning how to play real music. I love it!

Just tonight, I hit a wall of frustration only to bust through it by working really hard.

I might suck at guitar, but I suck on my own terms.

I look forward to anything this site can do for my playing.

H
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/20/2012 10:14 pm
Hey hman2,

Welcome to Guitar Tricks!

Keep us updated on your progress. :)

Best
GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
01/21/2012 5:46 am
Welcome to the site! What looper pedal did you buy? I think looping is pretty cool.. planning on getting one once my home renos are finished and I move into our new house.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.