A little advice and encouragement would be great

caponi14
caponi14
01/19/2012 12:17 pm
Hey...Me AGAIN.
I just want to ask, why it is that i think my playing is crap. It comes in periods and i hate it! I can't stand the sound of my own playing right now, and i feel like a beginner that is playing the same stuff, over and over again.. Everyone else think it sounds great but me... Im starting a band now and want to write some cool solos for our tracks. Im just not getting how a proper solo is done like that. Maybe it will all just come to me when im in the situation. Im just kinda lost about this. Does anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

I would be glad to hear from anyone.
# 1
Meth3rlence
Meth3rlence
01/19/2012 5:04 pm
While I don't write my own music "officially", I do find myself whistling or humming solos over songs I'm listening to. It might work for you to do the same in writing them. Listen to the song you're trying to solo over, the solo isn't a bit you just "tack on" to it - it's built from the song, it should enhance what's already there. So listen, and just try humming or whistling over the progressions and see if you can find something that you feel fits.

I'm sure other, more experienced, players and writers will have other methods. I just figured maybe this might help ;D
# 2
caponi14
caponi14
01/19/2012 8:37 pm
yeah, heard it before. thanks man
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.