View post (What intresting non-guitar stuff you listening to?)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
03/24/2002 11:47 pm
Simple question, aNyone listening to intresting Non-guitar based stuff at the mo? (does anyone else get bored of listening to guitar based stuff? I know i'm a guitarist, and such words are blasphamy... but there's a whole world out there to explore... I mean there's gotta be more than Rock/ Blues/ Folk/ Classical? right?)

Ok... I'll go first
1) Cornelius: Started listening to them again... I remember when i had my job place ment back in the summer of 98 (i feel sooo old), they put out this odd sounding song, which was guitar based, it was kinda like the beatles, but with modern influences... and an odd sense of timming...
They're new stuff is far more experimental... very cool... songs like "drop" are kinda what i'm listening to, but it's very dificult to describe
2) Capitol K: I heard this very buitiful quircky sounding song called "pillow", with really high pitched vocals, and tabla, and some ethnic sounds, with electronica, very impressed at how it all fitted together... I heard a few of the album being played live by the guy... it sounded very very odd and crap, like he was improvising really really badly, which was a shame...
3) Notwist: I'm still gettting more from this group, "pick up your phone" was very cool...

(i have a creeping suspicion that no one will answer)
Post about anything non-guitar based (It can have guitar in it, but it's not so central and prominant)