Opinions on fender mustang?

Violaman
Violaman
01/17/2012 12:54 am
I currently own the mustang 3 and have to say I really enjoy it but then again it is my first modeling amp so I'd like to hear other opinions or comparisions to other modeling amps.
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/17/2012 6:35 pm
Hi Violaman,

What do you like best about your mustang 3?

-GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Violaman
Violaman
01/22/2012 11:44 pm
I'd say that I enjoy the versatility in sound, I'm the kind of person who changes sounds a lot in pieces and in pieces themselves so my last amp is kinda hard pressed to satisfy when I can only have two sounds, clean or distortion, so having so much to fiddle with till I'm getting satisfied is a big relief, also the versatility allows me to explore other genres with the crutch of loading appropriate effects until I understand how to play it better, to sum up my long winded explanation I like having so many options to both get what I'm looking to hear and to expand my sound
# 3
ajdb01
ajdb01
01/23/2012 6:01 pm
Did you considered the Mustang V head instead the III, considering the future upgrade keeping the 412 V cabinet? I´m really impressed with it´s versatility, but not so sure, cause the high volumes... How performs the Mustang III at low volume?

Regards
# 4
Violaman
Violaman
01/23/2012 10:56 pm
Originally Posted by: ajdb01Did you considered the Mustang V head instead the III, considering the future upgrade keeping the 412 V cabinet? I´m really impressed with it´s versatility, but not so sure, cause the high volumes... How performs the Mustang III at low volume?

Regards

I think it performs just fine I have to play usually at lower volumes due to my family, the only time I crank it up is when I have drums and bass and I don't actually perform so a combo suits me fine for now though I may be changing that. It also has a headphone Jack which I don't know if the V head has, I've at least found it useful for close quarters living. I would take what I say with a grain of salt though because I haven't used an awful many amount of amps with the majority being fender
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.