Video Play Stopped Working

rbhale
rbhale
01/07/2012 2:53 am
I've been downloading video lessons so that I can view them while not connected. For some reason, the video will play but the audio doesn't play. Do I need to download the .flv player again? If so, where do I find it? All my other audio files will play so I know it's not the speakers or sound card.
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
01/07/2012 2:57 am
Are you sure you didn't turn off the volume in the lower right hand corner of the video player?

We recently changed the download system so the files are mp4 instead of flv, and you can play them in any player. Try downloading a fresh video and playing it in windows media or quicktime player?
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
rbhale
rbhale
01/07/2012 3:55 pm
Thanks for the very rapid response. Checked the volume on the player and it's fine. Now I'm having a Senior Moment (a la Rick Perry...). I forgot how to download video lesson files from my favorite instructors. I click on the download button (hoping to get a new, revised .mp4 file in lieu of the old .flv format) and the computer doesn't prompt where to download it. It goes to the screen and I can play the file from there, but I want to save it to a folder to be played while not online. Chrome has been installed on my machine since my last lesson download. Any suggestions?
# 3
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
01/09/2012 6:33 pm
Chrome makes a little download dialogue on the lower left of the screen. Do you see it there?

You might try right-clicking the download button (the big one on the right of the screen, not the little one on the video player) and selecting "save link as"
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.