A Stupid Question

mrcrowley
mrcrowley
03/22/2002 7:36 pm
After years of guitar playing and good computer experience, I can't believe I'm asking this, but it's more likely that I'm asking because I'm too lazy to find out on my own, but:

How do you upload clips of your own guitar playing from your living room to your computer (more specifically the internet)?

Thanks
Education is a whip, and I'm being flogged.
# 1
Branislav
Branislav
03/22/2002 7:49 pm
you have to record it, first
you can use either microphone, or directly into mic input on your sound card (with adapter). uploading to internet depends on many things, so i can't explain all.
Keep Rockin',
Branislav
http://www.stormbringer.1444.net
# 2
mrcrowley
mrcrowley
03/22/2002 8:41 pm
Fair enough...

Let's say I already have it recorded into either a tape 4-track or a digital workstation...
Education is a whip, and I'm being flogged.
# 3
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
03/22/2002 9:52 pm
you now need to get it on to your computer... which is a really easy job... A recording cable is needed... just link your4 track or whatever to the input on yer sound card... and play the clip... you've now got it playing on your puter, to record it you need to used something like "total recorder" or whatever... windows has one...you go:
Start button > programs > acessories > entertainment > SOUND RECORDER...
and simply press play on yer 4 track, and press record on Sound recorder...and when your songs finished, press stop etc etc etc... and save (file > save) (Sorry, I dont know how advanced you are... and you never know someone else who may need help with the same thing might read this, who doesn't know that much about pcs).
Now you've got it saved as Wav... Wav is good, but it's major problem is size... it's massive...
What you want next is an mp3 conversion program, easly found on the net, just search for "mp3 conversion/ converter" on google... and that's it... after some deciding on the quality/ size of your sound file you should now be ready to put it up on the net...
If you dont have web space... all you have to do is search for some online harddrive space sites... I cant name one off the top of my head at the mo... but they're easy to find.. and explain uploading well...
hope this helps.. come back if you've got any questions...
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.