Cost of Fender guitars

Hotkiwi
Hotkiwi
12/05/2011 11:50 pm
I am amzed by the international price differences for Fender guitars. this can make up to 80% more costs for the same Fender in Australia/New Zealand if compared to the US. I wonder how many people go overseas and buy their gear there, the plane ticket is more than paid with the price difference ! Also wonder who puts all that money in his/her pockets !!

----------------------------------------[br]Gear:[br]Gibson 2012 Les Paul Studio Swamp Ash[br]Ovation 2012 Celebrity CC 44-1 Acoustic[br]Yamaha 2012 C-40 Nylon String[br]Fretlight Strat F620

Fender Blues Junior 4 tube amp[br]Roland Cube practice amp[br]Line 6 Pocket Pod[br]Boss and Ibanez pedals[br]Dunlop Wah Wah

GP 7.5 software[br]----------------------------------------

# 1
mingury
mingury
12/06/2011 10:11 am
hi there, i am assuming you are based in either Oz or nz looking at your login? :D im based in auckland.

Yes, musical gear prices are way, way inflated in nz, you are looking at least a couple of grands for a nice guitar and tube amplifier. You get to build up your gears over the years... currently i got too many gears for my playing level.. LOL

There seem a few good deals comes and goes on TM (as i would presume you would be aware too).. but yeah it sometimes sucks to be living at the corner of the earth. Lucky bastards on the other continents getting all the great deals every time I look up the online websites!!!! Unbelievably cheap!! :mad:
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.