where can I download LM songwritting lessons

reelman
reelman
11/30/2011 11:43 am
Where can I download Lisa M. songwritting lessons?
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
12/01/2011 12:52 am
Hi Reelman,

We will email you the link.

-GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
dogbigjr
dogbigjr
12/11/2011 11:57 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks AdminHi Reelman,

-GT Admin

can you email it to me too
# 3
vtguitarrocks
vtguitarrocks
12/12/2011 3:29 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks AdminHi Reelman,

-GT Admin

Hey, I just realized I had an email from you guys with the songwritting lessons from Lisa. Thanks for providing that to me!
# 4
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
12/12/2011 6:50 pm
You're welcome!
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/14/2011 4:59 pm
Hey all,

Let me know if you have thoughts or questions that come up from using The Song Builder's Toolbox.

I'd love to know your feedback!
Best - Lisa
Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 6
Spaceboy33
Spaceboy33
12/19/2011 1:08 am
Originally Posted by: LisaMcCHey all,

Let me know if you have thoughts or questions that come up from using The Song Builder's Toolbox.

I'd love to know your feedback!
Best - Lisa

Hi Lisa. I just wanted to thank you. I've been struggling with this for years. I've been playing guitar for about 15 years now, and have been in and out of failed bands for as long as I can remember because I always seem to get into spats with every singer I work with. I would prefer to sing myself, but have never had any luck with songwriting. Occasionally I could come up with a fragment of a melody, but lyrics, and how to fit them into a melody or a rhythm, was a completely foreign language. I started using the Song Builder's Toolbox about a week ago, and already I'm starting to break through the wall and get some rough ideas out at least. I've heard a lot of this advice before, but the step-by-step walkthrough that you've put together, along with the homework assignments, is structured in such a way that it really begins to make sense after the first few days.

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to speak to my favorite singer/songwriter, Geoff Rickly, from the band Thursday, and asked him for some advice. He is an incredibly nice guy, and took a few minutes to explain his process and gave me some tips on getting comfortable with myself. It helped a lot, but I wasn't quite there yet. Once I started using the Song Builder's Toolbox, I noticed a lot of the advice he gave me popping up again, but slowed down, and done in small increments that are tailored specifically for a guitarist. The whole process is finally beginning to make sense now, my only obstacle at this point is lack of self-confidence. I'm comfortable singing in front of people when it is something that someone else wrote, but singing something that I wrote for the first time feels really awkward, and I'm terrified of unintentionally using a cliche or a predictable and/or cheesy topic, rhyme, expression, etc, because that really bothers me, and instantly turns me off when I hear it in music. Any advice on how to get over that hump? Although this is more my own personal neurosis than a songwriting complication, so maybe I should direct this question to a psychiatrist instead. ;)

Also, I have difficulty playing guitar and singing at the same time, unless it is a very basic strumming pattern and relatively monotone melody, which is no fun at all. I find that either I completely lose the rhythm of my strumming, or the vocal melody falls apart in trying to keep everything balanced, as they are typically happening at different rhythms and tempos. These seem like extremely basic questions I'm sure, but as I said, this whole process was complete nonsense to me until a few weeks ago, I had basically withdrawn and accepted my fate as an instrumentalist until now.
# 7
ThomasGray
ThomasGray
12/26/2011 2:42 pm
Hey :) I resigned up as full access, however I'm not sure where to go to get The Song Builder's Toolbox. I checked my junk mail and main inbox, but can't find a link. Help would be appreciated :)
# 8
jasonbench
jasonbench
12/27/2011 4:51 pm
Could I get the link to Lisa's song writing tutorial too?
# 9
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
12/27/2011 7:35 pm
Hey Everyone!

If your a Full Access Member, just write in to the contact form and we will set you up with the link.

-GT
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 10
ThomasGray
ThomasGray
12/29/2011 2:30 pm
Thanks GT, got it :)
# 11
bananakid0
bananakid0
07/07/2012 11:14 am
Hi,
I subsribed to guitar tricks a couple of days ago. Heard a lot of good things about it and you were offering free access to the song builders toolbox which was just great. so I subscribed but haven't received a link or anything for the download. I gues I am doing something wrong but I could not find the answer on the forum...
I hope you can help me and thanks in advance :)
# 12
MorganSthlm
MorganSthlm
08/02/2012 12:13 pm
I PM'd Guitar Tricks Admin about the link but haven't got it yet. Something I missed?
# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.