View post (No band for me? :()

View thread

Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/16/2011 6:59 am
In 2001, I graduated from high school and went straight to college while still working and living with my parents. I was super into music but nowhere did I find the motivation or ambition to think I could do it for a living. I went through four years of school, graduated with B.A in Corporate Communication (you read that correctly), and it now sits on my bookshelf :cool:

I very much appreciated my formal education, and I learned a lot. However, it wasn't until I had a conversation with a woman whom told me I was foolish if I didn't follow my dreams that I saw it as a reality. Once I graduated from school, all signs pointed to Los Angeles and that was six years ago. I went through the hoops of appeasing my family and getting my degree, and thankfully I was still young enough to move here and get my career going. If you have the ambition now and are at a young age (which you are,) then I would go for it 100% and don't look back.

My happiness and drive run neck and neck with my creative output. The fact that I get to do what I love every day with people with whom I admire is a blessing and a product of hard work. It's hard work meets opportunity. It's as simple as that.

Now, get to it!!!!!!!! :eek:
Douglas Showalter