View post (No band for me? :()

View thread

Sgt Tee
Sgt Tee
12/07/2011 4:20 pm
Amen, well said

Originally Posted by: Slipin LizardI'm actually going to go against the grain here a bit, and suggest you re-think your education plans. There are a lot of people out there that will tell you, "get an education, get a good job, then, when and if you have time, you can dabble with your dreams..." What I'd say is this: whatever you choose to do with your life, be passionate about it. If you're going to get an education in a field of study that you absolutely LOVE and are sure its what you want to do with your life, then go for it. If you think being in a band would be great because it would just take the right "Record Label Guy" to come along and then life would be easy then I'd recommend a different career path.

But if you absolutely love music and are passionate about it, there's nothing that says you can't follow your heart. There's tons of people that have "towed the line" and look back on their lives regretting that they didn't take a chance when they had one. I know some very successful people, some whom are very wealthy, and the one thing they have in common is that they are very passionate about what they do. They have a vision, they follow it, and they feel fulfilled by the work they do. If you have other people in your life telling you "you should become a lawyer... you'll make good money and that will make you happy" then you'll probably find out its often not true.. it just might take you 20 years to do so. If you find yourself doing something and saying "I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else" then you're probably following the right path. Good luck!

For What It's Worth