re strumming problems

minexs
Full Access
minexs
Full Access
11/17/2011 4:34 am
hi

OK i have been playing the guitar for about 3months now and i am consistently having problems with strumming. for instance i was just watching the tut on 'every rose has a thorn' and i get all the notes and different things but for the love of god i cannot pickup strumming right. to the point i am putting the guitar down more than i am picking it up. i don't seem to be able to work out the strum patterns for almost any song i hear, and it is really starting to put me off now.

if any body has any ideas or help as to how to learn from listening (or even watching the tuts) how to identify the different strum patterns please let me know. i don't want to give up but this is becoming a massive problem for me.

thanks for your time.

peter
# 1
minexs
Full Access
minexs
Full Access
11/18/2011 6:11 am
ok..

well after my minor break down i wasn't happy so i went hunting and i came across this site.

http://www.how-to-play-electric-guitar.net/guitar-strumming-patterns.html

been running the strumming patterns while using the speed training on the metronome, starting at 90 and going up as high as i can before loosing the plot with the rhythm.

I'll keep you informed as to how it goes, but already i am noticing and difference.
# 2
compart1
compart1
11/18/2011 3:51 pm
Hi Peter,
Awesome find.. I love thier color lay-out and the legend. The examples are great. This should be a site for anyone wanting to a visual relation of the strumming. I sure help me. Before I even finished looking through site I bookmarked it and e-mailed the link to my laptop..
Thanks
Gordon
# 3
adir olf
adir olf
11/18/2011 7:14 pm
sometimes walking away from a task for about a couple days to a week and working on something else is a great tool to use.
:D
Adir olf
My new "best group ever": THE YAWPERS
Rocking acoustics really hard
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cbpkAhifOvw
# 4
minexs
Full Access
minexs
Full Access
11/19/2011 6:22 am
yeah i found it on my mobile while waiting for my partner to finish work. however didn't bookmark it or save it, took me another hour to find it again on the home PC, but its worth it, being able to mimic the basics of the patterns i have found has helped me pickup rough patterns in other songs,

i know most people have problems in one area or another mine just so happened to be strumming, i am so uncoordinated at it, one day tho,

not long till my electric arrives which will give me a little boost being able to hear the songs as they are taught here.

if i find anything else useful around I'll stick it up here.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.