Best gear Best Prices

magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/18/2002 6:12 pm
If you want anything and everything for a really decent price try musiciansfriend.com. Shouldn't I be getting paid for this kind of advertisement? Ahh Who cares. It's where I get most of my stuff overnight if you can't wait.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/18/2002 6:36 pm
While I may start getting my strings from Musician's Friend, I like to play most of my gear ahead of time before I buy it. You know, so I know how it plays and how it sounds. Individual guitars of the same modle varry in consistancy and quality, and quite honestly, all the really cool stuff is in the Used section.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 2
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/18/2002 6:51 pm
Point well taken But there are more than strings and guitars such as effects processers with some money you can make a pro quality home studio, drums, keyboards, MIDI equipment, wait I ain't no damn salesman. Its just an Idea you can also listen to alot of their products online.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/18/2002 8:58 pm
Yeah. Every one of their samples I've heard sounds like ass to me.

Samples are well and good, but what if they were playing a Strat into that DS-1 with the distortion all the way up and you want to know how it would sound with a Les Paul and the distortion at 50%?

You can tell a lot more by sitting down with that box, that amp, that guitar and noodling away on your own than you can by listening to some guy who works at Musician's Friend.

Besides - who's going to fix it when it breaks? I think it's better to support small, local, cool guitar shops (you know, the kinds of places that make your bills come out in even dollar ammounts, or let you play the most expensive guitar there even though you'll never be able to afford it, or will tell you to get it from MF because they can't touch the price). Those guys have to eat too, and if you're cool with them they're there for you when you really need them.

Then why am I buying my strings from MF?
Rotosounds are a real bitch to find around here. That's where I see Musician's Friend's place. It tells me what's out there, and gives me access to things I just can't get locally.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 4
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/19/2002 4:15 pm
Good, The nearest guitar store to me is 156 miles, but I could see how it would be cool to know a sales rep who knows what you like and stuff like that, but like you said if you find something you like get it cheaper at MF. They have 90 day warranty and you can purchase 3 years@$15 then they will replace it or fix it whatevers easier. The first time I got my Ibanez K7 the neck was so bent the first four frets wouldn't sound instead of making it worse I sent it back and got one two days later in perfect condition. They do have alot of things that are hard to find; gig bags, different cables, a lot of different **** if you've never been there check it out.

[Edited by magicninja on 03-19-2002 at 10:18 AM]
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 5
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
03/21/2002 3:07 am
yeah MF is the best, http://www.music123.com is good too
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.