Alternate strap button for Explorer

RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
09/25/2011 1:40 am
Hey..

I have a Gibson Explorer clone that I built which turned out awesome. (yes, patting myself on the back ;) ) I find that the way the guitar lays across my body, the neck reaches further out to the left, which means have to stretch my arm out further than with a strat style body.

I was wondering if anyone has ever had this issue with an Explorer and if so, did you move the strap button on the butt of the guitar to a different location to try and force the guitar body to shift to the right. And if so, where about in the back of the guitar did you move it to?

This is all assuming a right handed guitar.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 1
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
09/25/2011 4:04 pm
The key factor is probably the neck strap pin. I happen to have plans for an Explorer which puts the neck pin over the 22nd fret vs about the 12th on a Strat. I doubt the guitar will hang very comfortably moving the other bridge-end pin.

My main guitar these days is my SG, and it has the neck pin over the 20th I think (It's not in front of me). Same problem, but I find the guitar has a natural hang with the neck at an angle. A bit like an XML would hang. It's very comfortable once you get used to it.

But, yeah, it's like having to learn every song in a new key lol!! Good luck!
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.