View post (A Note from an old Mod)

View thread

holden2
holden2
10/06/2011 6:56 pm
For the older Hippie/70's Music era,I traveled the 42 miles from Greenwood SC to Greenville SC to see my 5th Lynyrd Skynyrd Live Concert.My 5th opportunnity was just the Old Greenville Auditorium,my others were "SAVE the FOX","double album"!And the best of the best was an old hole in the wall located in Macon Ga.It must have been the last show we had seen the Allman Brothers before Filmore East?It was the Winter of may be 71,and Lynyrd Skynyrd opened,followed by the Allmans.The close of the show was the two "GREATS" Blow this shack away for another 1 1/2 longer.How ever my 5th concert at the old Greenville Auditorium was the very best any of us had ever seen them!I woke up The next morning,and ABC was announcing the members of the Band who had died on October 20th in McComb County MIssissippi.I have five layers of the Bands Songs,and one copy for me to play with out worry of damage of this music,and I can never play them?And for the History Buffs?Ronnie VanZant wrote with band members,and solo songs over 235 in less than four years!For closure,give me you're best Bands shot to top them numbers?May be if you were the Stones with an 128 year Career you may have written half of this Catalog?I personally do not think no one is even close!

Kind Regards
Cleaner Liam King