View post (A Note from an old Mod)

View thread

magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/23/2011 4:59 pm
Hey guys,

A lot of new faces so many of you probably do not know or remember me. I've been around GT for nearly a decade and have been a moderator for almost as long.

I noticed that many threads get posted in open discussion that should be placed in other areas of the forum. I tried moving threads to their appropriate forum for awhile before I realized it was a fairly futile task. :p I realize that Open Discussion is most likely still the most frequented forum on the boards so it feels right just to put everything here.

I also understand that we have a lot of older and younger members who may not have much experience with online forums.

The Guitartricks forum is pretty loosely moderated. The main goal is to ensure everyone has their questions answered.

I'm just asking that before you place a topic in the Open discussion area stop to think if it really belongs in one of the other sections of the forum. You will not only be helping yourself out but you will also be helping other members who may have the same question. You may get a wider variety of responses from those that only frequent certain sections and have a greater knowledge in those areas. The last time I saw member totals on this forum Guitartricks had well over a million members. As you can tell not all of them post but they do come to look for information and I'm sure many of them go right to the section they need information from. You can help them our by posting your question or advice in the right area so they can find it easier.

If you are unsure about where topics should be placed look at the Forum Posting Guide at http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29051

Thanks guys and keep having fun.

magicninja
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons