Rolands GR-55

Jays.traas
Jays.traas
09/22/2011 6:20 pm
Am planning on buying one shortly.

Anyone own one or had any experience with it? Any tips or counter suggestions?

My band plays a lot of covers, and when I say alot I mean we play everything from MJ to Stevie Wonder to Elvis to Rolling Stones to MC Hammer to The Beatles to Eric Clapton to James Brown etc etc etc... And now, due to the ever changing and demanding entertainment scene, we're adding club music to our repertoire... So now we play club tracks from Rihanna, GoonRock, C+C Music Factory, Pitbull, ... and we live mix em, as in we create our own "club mixes" (I've done DJ'ing in the past) but we do it live...

We do this with two guitars, one bass, and a drummer....
This is why the GR-55 looks to be the perfect match, within my limited budget (Rolands VG-99 is just too pricey) but I was just wondering if anyone has one already and has any pro's or con's they have experienced and would like to share.

Thanks in advance
# 1
Jays.traas
Jays.traas
09/26/2011 5:17 pm
No one at all?
# 2
donlizard
Full Access
donlizard
Full Access
09/18/2015 5:38 pm
Hi,

I have been using one live for a quite a while, and I just love it! It brings the band into another level, being able to play all kinds of keyboard and other instruments live! People don't expect you to break into Peter Gabriel - Sledge Hammer or Steve Earle - Copperhead Road with the synth patch blazing through the PA!

I even have lots of guitar patches that I use for song's like Queen - Fat Bottom Girls to Led Zeppelin - Rain song. Being able to do alternate tunings and etc just rocks it all!

All in all I have zero complaints, plus it changes and expands how you approach guitar, by emulating the nuances of other instruments, like a sax solo or a synth solo like the Cars - Just What I Needed.

Donlizard
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.