come check out my band

Jerry Dylan
Jerry Dylan
09/17/2011 3:47 pm
hey guys come check out my new band Roadhouse at these links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq3MPF-3y6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqwMR-xwZWA&feature=related

The guitar is a little low in the mix cause the sound guy screwed it up but other than that it really came out good. check it out and offer us some advice. thank you
# 1
Jays.traas
Jays.traas
09/21/2011 11:04 pm
Hey I just checked out your video, I'm in a band and first off I gotta say great job, I'm diggin' the dirty rock'n'roll meets blues feel you've got goin' on and the gritty vocals really give your music a groovy edge.

If you'd like some advice there's a couple things I could think of that could help.

You might want to try placing the mic stand for your lead singer to the side of him instead of in front of the keyboard, it seemed like he had to stretch to reach it... might make it easier?

Don't be afraid to walk forward a bit when playing a lead to let the crowd know that for just a bit of the song its your turn to shine, whether its the solo or a bit of lead at the end of the song. I liked how you stood back and let your frontman do his thing, (frontmen need their space..) but when the lead comes in, thats your turn.. ;)

When there's a good groove going and your really into it, you can turn to your drummer and groove along with him, bring each other into the music... thats something you'll no doubt pick up naturally as you play more together.

Having your frontman at 'stage center' can also help.. When your frontman is a keyboardist/pianist another thing you can do is place the keyboard at an angle so it doesn't seem to take up so much stage space (from a viewing angle), but hey you gotta find what you feel best with

A couple of really good things aswell that you guys did, when there maybe were some really really small mistakes, I'm betting the crowd didn't realize cuz you guys just kept on going... Really good man

I really enjoyed your set, congratulations and I wish you the best of luck in your musical journey.
# 2
Jerry Dylan
Jerry Dylan
09/22/2011 8:55 pm
Thanks alot i'll give those ideas to the band and we'll use them thanks for the input.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.