View post (Scales in Soloing)

View thread

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
03/14/2002 11:13 am
Yeah i never meant to be cheeky by saying "well excuse me" kinda thing. Its just i dont like to feel ridiculed by my inexperience, not that you were ridiculing me i guess.
About GnR, i really value players on what they can play. You go round to your pals house and hear them play the accoustic intro (or whole song for that matter) to "nothing else matters" by metallica and its really impressive. Jamming with my friends right now is all about taking turns at playing stuff we're learned and then playing songs together. Patience by guns n roses is awesome for that. I think you should learn songs first, not theory. The first riff i learned was simple apreggios on Em and G. But my friends new is was a song called civil war!! Thats wear the excitement starts, soon i could play nightrain and sweet child and estranged. But now i wana learn the scales and theory. I know patterns, pentatonic and stuff.
Right, heres something i really disagree with... you saying about copying other bands!!!
Take Aerosmith, theyve moved away from the 80's style that they were best at. So have guns n roses to a certain extent. I wana be in a band that sounds like that!! And i want a band to come out and play like that!

later torby