Nice interview with Phil Collin from Def Leppard

RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
08/19/2011 10:06 pm
Talks about his guitars, amps, FX and sustainers.

http://www.guitarsquid.com/Video/rig-rundown-def-leppards-phil-collen.html
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 1
TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
08/19/2011 10:34 pm
Nice, loads of good gear and he talks about the Hysteria tone (easily my favourite Def Leppard album, I don't like their new stuff at all after Euphoria but I still put the older ones on and think 'They were great then!') Dunlop picks and D'Addario strings are my preferred combo too as it happens although I don't use ****ing THIRTEENS that's just insane and the tone's thicker than I like. The glow in the dark guitar's a great idea as well.
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'
# 2
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
08/19/2011 11:08 pm
Originally Posted by: ^Chacron^Nice, loads of good gear and he talks about the Hysteria tone (easily my favourite Def Leppard album, I don't like their new stuff at all after Euphoria but I still put the older ones on and think 'They were great then!')

Yeah, I LOVE the guitar tones in Hysteria, agree everything after Euphoria is... Well... yeah...

Hard for me to say which is my fav Def album. High and Dry has some of my all time favorite rock tunes on it. I dunno, I think Colin is a fantastic as with Vivian, but.. I could be wrong, and perhaps I shouldn't try to analyze the "why" they changed so much, I'll just leave it at they were a different band with Steve Clark was around. The chemistry between Colin and Steve was amazing.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.