View post (What kind of music do you like, and why?)

View thread

Josette13
Josette13
08/06/2011 7:24 pm
I really lovee country.
why?
I can't have just one answer to that - there are a whole ton of reasons.
my number one reason is probably because country's all about the simple life, what matters the most, and why it's important to love everything while you have it.

country is the kind of music you listen to when you wanna run through a field barefoot, or stand by the ocean, or cruise down the highway with the top down. country can apply to all situations, emotions, and persons. it's free and wild, fun, inspiring, truthful, expressive, and everything we need to be. Cause you can't really run through a field listening to eighties rock, can you? and you can't stand by the ocean and listen to opera- it just doesnt fit.

So i love country because it matches my personality and the things i take joy in - like being barefoot and standing by the ocean. simple as that. and when i write songs, or play music, i usually take the styles of my favorite country artists and make my own style out of it. All my favorite bands and artists are big influences to me, and they inspire me to express myself and make my own style out of theirs, i guess. their songs are more than just music to me; their songs are like a soundtrack to my life.

sorry, this was a long reply, but i hope it was worth reading.

-Josette (Joey)