need help

metalbob69
metalbob69
03/08/2002 4:15 am
ok heres the thing i've been playing for about 6 yrs and i have'nt been playing that often like in a month i must say and i been starting to play a lil more because i got a 4 track and now when i play i get really frustrated because i guess i just can't play how i used too and stuff i would like some tips of some sort to help get back in the mood more help please!!!!!!!
jonathan
# 1
James8831
James8831
03/09/2002 10:25 pm
favourite riff or chord sequence and break it down.. just change between two different notes[chords] in different ways and then build it up back to it's full phrasing,play it distorted,play it clean, play it mean, play it wimpy.

Play it while you are concentrating intensely on it and play it when you are not thinking about it and then listen to how it comes out.

Learn that sucker unitl you're sick of it then go away and mess about with the guitar or have a coffee or something. then go back to the riff.

This helps me.

Remember that some days everybody sucks at gtr and some days you can fly.

Try not to beat yourself up about missed timings,etc. If you ain't playing with anyone else then all you have to please is you.

Ponyone's Step 3 is an excellent suggestion.

cheers.
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.