Recording a video

danielch666
danielch666
07/31/2011 8:57 pm
HI
I need a little tip mmm want to record a video viedo of me playing the guitar but the sound quality sucks !!
I want to know how I can improve the sound quality or how to record it..
thanks
# 1
Paul Moliukov
Paul Moliukov
08/02/2011 8:58 am
Originally Posted by: danielch666HI
I need a little tip mmm want to record a video viedo of me playing the guitar but the sound quality sucks !!
I want to know how I can improve the sound quality or how to record it..
thanks

+1, im interested in the same...
I want to record some kind of video lesson of playing bass guitar so the quality of sound is critical. I want to know what camera is cool and not expensive
# 2
Marshallmk1
Marshallmk1
08/09/2011 4:15 pm
I guess it all depends on how much $$$$ you want to spend...you could record your playing on Sonar or Cubase or something similar and then video yourself playing the tack...you can then sync the video to the music...If you're trying to record an acoustic then get a sure sm57 mic and it will sound wicked.

As for buying a camera with a mic good enough to get the guitar sounding good...to be honest I wouldn't know...and wouldn't even try it...as far as I know video recorders have mics about as good as a webcam...

If your serious then be prepared to spend some money and buy the right kit...!!!
# 3
wingman23
wingman23
08/11/2011 1:50 am
i do a lot of the recording myself on video thing for my members on my spiritual site, although im not much cop as im only a beginner, they dont think im that bad. I use a cheap Panasonic hd cam looks a bit like a mobile phone im sure you know the sort of thing i mean, its called the Panasonic HM-TA1EB-H Camcorder.retails about £60.. while its far from being studio quality it passes for ok quality and if you take your time to get the volume matched between your backing track and your amp it can sound even better im sure, i dont usually bother messing about too much though i just plug in... place the cam where i want it and away i go to destroy another tune...
here is an example of the quality, but like i said if you take your time with the volumes im sure you can get it sounding better than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEXDB5JYZg8
# 4
Paul Moliukov
Paul Moliukov
08/11/2011 7:48 am
Originally Posted by: wingman23
here is an example of the quality, but like i said if you take your time with the volumes im sure you can get it sounding better than this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEXDB5JYZg8

really not bad:)
# 5
Ryan Tunis
Ryan Tunis
08/12/2011 2:19 am
I just bought a ZOOM Q3 HD for 319.99 canadian dollars. The quality is amazing full 1080. And the sound you get from it is crisp and clear. Up to 96khz (Which is basically professional sound) It works best if all the sound is coming from 1 source ex. 1 big speaker. Although if you have your levels right and your amplifiers pointed in the right direction it sounds phenominal. I could post a sample if you would like.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.