Les Paul studio or mexican strat? what do think is better?

3donkey
3donkey
07/31/2011 12:15 am
Hi all,

I know somebody else posted a similar question before, but in this case I d be more specific. I own a mexican fender stratocaster, model roadworn 60s, which plays very good, however I m realizing that maybe the right guitar for me would be actually a Les Paul.. because of the sound and comfort playing.
So I was thinking to sell my strat and get a Les Paul studio for the same price, 800$ at guitarcenter. Any of you has experience on this? Is this model a good gibson les paul. I actually really love the les paul studio deluxe but that starts to be a little too expensive.. (1500 $ ) so the studio model would be the most affordable for me.

Looking forward to read your opinions.

Davide
# 1
BammBamm22
BammBamm22
07/31/2011 6:28 pm
Never settle , i would go with Fender American Strat and play it through an all tube amp

I have E/C signature series American Strat "Blackie" and play it through a Blue Jr fender amp.

i have had the studios and they are great for the price but as you get better and better, you will really want the American strat, if you like the gibson sound go with Texmex pickups or Fender Telecaster with hot pickups.

Good luck
# 2
3donkey
3donkey
08/03/2011 12:16 am
Thanks fot interesting opinion.. so why you say that once you get better and better I would want to play a strat? something is gonna happen to my hands? Actually I already have a strat, not the american one but a mexican, with tex mex pickups on it, it s a great guitar and dont have any complaints. However, personally I find more comfortable the neck of a Gibson but probably it really depends on the mood.. I think I will keep my roadworn 60s strat and get a Les Paul too if I will have enough money.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.