View post (stupid question (maybe))

View thread

hunter1801
hunter1801
07/22/2011 5:24 pm
Originally Posted by: JJ90Although I agree with hunter I put my doubts with the answer of 'being born with some skills.' Although this is somewhat true ofcourse you mostly develop your skills when being a child.

For example if you were a kid and throw a lot of stuff you might be better at basketball at a later age because you developed throwing more accurately as a kid. Then people will say he/she is a natural talent but is he/she really? I studied a minor child development so that's where I'm coming from.

The how would you explain the kids that are "naturally" better at an instrument than the others? There are extremely young kids that can do things at an early age without practicing as much as they should to be at that level. Take 5 young kinds and put them all through the same amount of practice. If 1 is really excelling much faster and the others are left behind.....then you have to put that on natural talent or skill.

There is also the way that peoples minds work. Everyone thinks differently and there is no way to "train" your mind to think like someone else. So as far as creativity goes, you can't really learn certain things. People either have it or don't. Take Buckethead for example. Nobody can really compare to that guy.