View post (Your biggest regret...)

View thread

Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
06/08/2011 5:41 am
I don't know if I really have any major regrets that I felt were defining moments... it really seems to me life is about the choices you make, and sometimes its tough to really be able to gauge how things would have turned out had you gone right instead of left, that sort of thing.

I'm very much in Hunter's camp, though. I really admire guys that hunkered down as kids/young adults and mastered their instrument. I was never really good at learning covers or even just being able to tell what a guitarist was doing by listening to a record. Music was a real struggle for me when I was younger. But there's a lot of good things going on now... lots of great information, lessons, etc... gear is cheap compared to 20 years ago, and the technology is really great... I have a Korg D3200, 24 tracks, digital, built-in effects and mixing automation and can burnt to CD, all for $1399... pretty amazing where we've come from.

I think in both the "success" and "regrets" thread though that I'd like to recommend a movie I just watch "The story of Anvil" or something like that. These guys were a bit of hit in the 80's and stuck it out for well over 30 years trying to make it back into the industry. Its a great documentary, and I found it pretty inspiring, so check it out.