Good site for learning to play keyboards, anyone?

hjv
hjv
05/10/2011 9:46 am
Hi.

As it often happens one thing leads to another. And besides learning to play guitar well I would like to learn to play keyboards too. Are there any sites dedicated to keyboards that are comparable to Guitar Tricks when it comes to teaching methods and quality?

Kind regards

Hans J. Varfjell.
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
05/11/2011 10:59 pm
The piano sites don't seem to have made as much progress.

I would recommend a google search for "piano lessons" but I think you will find they are a few years behind in development. I think you can find good teaching methods (I don't know which sites, but I think you will know it when you see it) but the video quality won't be as good.

Have fun!
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
hjv
hjv
05/16/2011 8:14 pm
I fear that you might be right. When googling for good sites I see that there are a lot of sites, but not a lot of good ones. A lot of them just seem like scams. Sites like "You can learn to play piano like a pro in just a few days without even trying! Just send us your money today!". You get my drift. A lot of them just seem like email-address harvesters and nothing else.

But I'll keep on looking. If I find anything useful I'll post it here.

How about you guys get together and call some of your piano teaching friends and as them if they would be in on creating a new paralell site to this? "Pianotricks.com", anyone? ;)

Kind regards
Hans J.
# 3
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
05/17/2011 6:20 pm
We actually did start work on www.pianotricks.com a few years back. Christopher Schlegel made a bunch of tutorials there. We found we just didn't have time to do both sites, so we stopped work on Piano Tricks. All the tutorials are there, and it is free, so go ahead and check it out. Maybe that will keep you going while you search for something better.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.