New guitar, some suggestions? :j

svendstar
svendstar
04/05/2011 5:58 pm
I am a Beginner/intermediate guitar player, and have played guitar for almost 2 years. i have one fender stratocaster from squier, one that comes with a starter pack. then i discovered that i needed a new amplifier if i was to buy a new guitar, i bought one and am happy for it, which happened almost a year ago. and now that i feel like i have become a much better guitarist, i've decided that i am in the need for a new guitar. :D

I play rock/metal and would really appreciate some suggestions for some guitars to buy. i like artist's like Iron maiden, Nightwish, Hammerfall and of course Sonata Arctica. <3 i am on the lookout for a guitar that can play both nice cleans, and a pickup for distortion.

i have been on the looking on the ESP ltd-EX 401 with floyd rose tremolo, it feels pretty good. does someone own this guitar? if you do can you please give a review of it, i would really appreciate if you did. thanks :)
# 1
JonChorba
JonChorba
04/06/2011 1:05 am
Originally Posted by: svendstarI am a Beginner/intermediate guitar player, and have played guitar for almost 2 years. i have one fender stratocaster from squier, one that comes with a starter pack. then i discovered that i needed a new amplifier if i was to buy a new guitar, i bought one and am happy for it, which happened almost a year ago. and now that i feel like i have become a much better guitarist, i've decided that i am in the need for a new guitar. :D

I play rock/metal and would really appreciate some suggestions for some guitars to buy. i like artist's like Iron maiden, Nightwish, Hammerfall and of course Sonata Arctica. <3 i am on the lookout for a guitar that can play both nice cleans, and a pickup for distortion.

i have been on the looking on the ESP ltd-EX 401 with floyd rose tremolo, it feels pretty good. does someone own this guitar? if you do can you please give a review of it, i would really appreciate if you did. thanks :)

I haven't played that specific model, but i do own a ESP viper and it's pretty much exactly what you're looking for. I'm a big fan of ESP.
Looking for Guitar Lesson in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? Check out my Guitar Lessons In Arlington website!
# 2
JimmyAlford
JimmyAlford
04/19/2011 6:41 pm
Get the best guitar you can afford bro :)
ESP make some decent guitars. I also recommend checking out Schecter. Very similar in terms of style and playability to the ESPs.

Let us know how you get on!
# 3
2gross4u
2gross4u
04/23/2011 4:47 am
Absolutely love the ESP/LTD H-351-FR !!! Mahogany body with Flamed Maple Top, Neck-thru construction-maple neck with rosewood fretboard, Floyd Rose double locking tremelo and EMG 81 and EMG-85 Active Pick-ups for $599.99
# 4
JoaquinCastillo
JoaquinCastillo
05/04/2011 3:02 pm
Originally Posted by: 2gross4uAbsolutely love the ESP/LTD H-351-FR !!! Mahogany body with Flamed Maple Top, Neck-thru construction-maple neck with rosewood fretboard, Floyd Rose double locking tremelo and EMG 81 and EMG-85 Active Pick-ups for $599.99

Sounds like a good deal! +1
# 5
George81
George81
06/20/2011 7:21 pm
I'm thinking of purchasing the ovation al di meola and im tempted whether or not I should change my mind and buy (at a similar price range) a taylor or martin instead. Can someone help or is there any other guitar that i should check.

thanks guys for your help
# 6
metal iz good
metal iz good
07/17/2011 10:59 pm
Epiphone is great. Then Ibanez, Schecter, Jackson, ESP or LTD, and Dean would be good choices. Good luck! :D
# 7
shaniab
shaniab
07/20/2011 7:08 pm
Anything from Jackson or ESP. KILLER guitars in that line of products. May I suggest the Jackson Kelly? Such a unique spin on the classic explorer shape. I played one at my local guitar shop and to me it feels awesome!!! Now, you may have to try it out your self because I know some people that said the shape made them feel weird while playing. For me, I love how sleek it looks, the action on it, and how dangerous it feels while playing. very powerful guitar, looks awesome too!! Great for the hard rock/ metal style your going for. :-)

If you want something from the ESP line ( if you choose it ) that is really metal looking. go for the ESP LTD AX-360. Sweet guitar!!! Awesome shape and I have heard that it sounds just as good. Anything from the ESP line is great, this body style is just more metal looking :-)
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.