Favorite Musician of other instrument

JoaquinCastillo
JoaquinCastillo
04/04/2011 4:50 pm
Hey, guys!

Though of this the other day. I want to know who is your favorite musician that doesn´t play the instrument that YOU play?
# 1
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
04/05/2011 2:57 am
Hmm... I'd have to cheat a little bit in my answer, but Davy Spillane is definitely up there for me... he plays a number of Irish folk instruments, but my favorite performance of his is the opening of the original "Riverdance" program.. the very first night, where he played that incredible solo on the Irish Low Whistle. When I heard that, it hit me like a ton of bricks, I'd never heard anything so beautiful. It inspired me to take up the instrument, and I just dabble a bit, I can't play like he does. I'll tell you this much though, it took FOREVER to find out what the instrument was... drove me nuts until some music store finally knew it was a Low D Irish Whistle.
# 2
dman4505
dman4505
04/05/2011 12:59 pm
Originally Posted by: JoaquinCastilloHey, guys!

Though of this the other day. I want to know who is your favorite musician that doesn´t play the instrument that YOU play?

John Bonham -Drummer - Led Zeppelin
Stanley Clarke - Bass

Don
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. - John Wooden

Reputation is what other perceive you as being, and their opinion may be right or wrong. Character, however, is what you really are, and nobody truly knows that but you. But you are what matters most. - John Wooden
# 3
hrandersoniii
hrandersoniii
04/05/2011 2:37 pm
Elton John on the Piano... I don't know anyone else other than Liberace that's made that instrument grab an audience for as long as they have...
Drums, I'd like to go with a toss up between Chuck Ruff (The Edgar Winter Group) and for the most SPIRITED Drummer would have to be Rick Allen from Def Leppard (He lost his arm in an accident and wound up coming back to make the band even better than before. For those that didn't know)
Bass... ummmm...I can't think of anything except for Geddy Lee.. but, my favorite bass on any album I'd have to go with Roger Waters on Pink Floyd's the Wall...only album that I know of where the bass has a story to tell.. and makes you really FEEL the album.
Sax I'd have to say Michael Brown from Sha Na Na... Hands down.. he was a childhood inspiration of mine...
# 4
Dan Acheron
Dan Acheron
04/05/2011 4:23 pm
Nice topic!

On drums I would probably have to say Mike Portnoy. I love his work in Dream Theater and I think he is just a great drummer.

My favorite pianist would definitely be Frederick Chopin! I enjoy a lot of his work and he is definitely worth checking out!
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.